Skip to content
Delightful Recipes: Culinary Creations to Savour
Asian Ribs à la Marc
- Preheat the oven to 150-160°C.
- Sear the beef ribs on all sides until browned (using a grill or pan), then place them in a deep baking tray.
- Sauté 2 large onions, approximately 5 cm of grated ginger, and 4 Chinese garlic bulbs until translucent.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Chinese 5-spice and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 150 ml of hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, approximately 1 Liter of beef broth, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 star anise, and a bit of coriander. Bring it to a boil.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs, cover with parchment paper, pressing it down and poking a small hole in the Center. Place it in the oven for approximately 3-3.5 hours.
- Remove from the oven, skim off excess fat and spices, thicken the sauce if desired, and enjoy!
- Melt 2 kg of duck fat or goose fat in a pot.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of thyme leaves, 1 tablespoon of peppercorns, and 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt.
- Place the duck with the breast facing up in a way that the meat is surrounded by the fat.
- Confit the duck in the oven at 140 degrees Celsius (no fan) for 2.5 hours.
- Carefully lift the duck out of the fat and dab it dry with kitchen paper.
- Place it on a rack and grill it for 8-10 minutes until crispy.